The Company of St. Ursula
The Company of St. Ursula in the United States was born in the year 2000.
Drawn by a deep inner call, we give ourselves to God by a firm and life-long commitment of celibate chastity, poverty, and obedience. We devote ourselves to
- Jesus Christ at our center,
- deep prayer,
- Gospel values,
- a contemplative quest to find God everywhere and reflect Christ to others,
- regular gatherings for sisterly support in our vocation,
- participation as lay Catholics in the Church’s life,
- peace-making and justice-building in personal relationships and in society,
- supporting ourselves as single persons in our chosen occupations and residences.
Let them have Jesus Christ for their only treasure, for there also will be love.
– Angela Merici